Architectural Practice Leader – Ft. Worth
For 39 years, the award-winning multi-disciplined design firm has been recognized for their contributions to the built environment that have elevated human culture by designing and developing the best solutions for their clients, community and the environment. The firm offers architecture, interior design, planning, landscape architecture and environmental graphic services across the US, as well as Canada, UK, Spain, Russia and China. Market segments include Workplace, Education, Health & Wellness, Cultural & Civic and Science & Technology.
The firm was founded in 1977, the founder’s progressive business philosophies of being client driven, combined with creating a collaborative company culture are still deeply ingrained into the very fabric of the firm. The firm’s leadership recognizes that their people are their single greatest assist and have instilled a management open door philosophy. Making themselves accessible to all employees. To assist in nurturing this mindset, the offices are laid out in an open floor plan mostly free of executive offices. The firm also holds closely the philosophy of an even work life balance. This commitment to their staff is tangible recognized through high retention rates at all levels of the firm.
The firm’s strategic short term business plan is to continue growing its geographical presence and market share nationally for a more sustainable practice for the future with a long term vision of serving more of their clients internationally. In 2011, the firm seized the opportunity to established a second office in Dallas, TX when one of their Senior Interior Design Leaders relocated there.
Through market research and analysis, they saw the DFW area to be ideal for expanding existing client relationships and serve their growing national client base. Their goal is focused growth within the North Central Texas region as well as through their national WBE network. Given that Dallas is ranked #3 and Ft. Worth ranked #8 in the US for top growth economies, the firm envisions the Dallas office, one day in the future, surpassing the St. Louis office in size and revenues.
About the role:
The firm is currently seeking a driven and career minded Architectural Practice Leader, possessing an entrepreneurial spirit, combined with the exceptional leadership skills, vision, and character to develop innovative ways to continue growing and building their presence in the DFW market. The successful candidate will be provided a significant opportunity to positively influence the destiny of the firm and their career. He/she will be given a solid platform that provides a portfolio of award winning projects, technology and both the people and financial resources to succeed.
- Collaboratively work in concert with other practice and discipline leaders within the firm to organize and synergize the business development relationship and marketing efforts while leading and directing the follow up and networking of targeted potential clients and existing client relationships.
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with existing and potential clients; primarily play the lead client manager role from providing hands on approach to project delivery from conception through construction.
- Collaborates with Principal in Charge on project delivery and approach
- Fully lead the project process through construction administration, including consultants, quality and deliverables
- Collaborate closely with all team members across each discipline of Architecture, Interior design, Planning/Landscape Design, Graphics service areas
- Guide project managers and teams to achieve quality, client satisfaction, and profitability
- Works with teams to develop appropriate project process for the client’s fee, schedule and goals
- Responsible for project results specific to client experience, project delivery and profitability.
- Bachelor degree in Architecture required
- 10-12 Years of professional experience working in a multi-discipline firm setting
- Design sensibility with ability to integrate concepts into working documents
- M.B.A. or other business or behavioral science Master degree a plus
- Texas Professional Registration required
- Preparation of documents from concept through construction
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking and leadership skills
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with professionals at all levels in the firm
- Diverse portfolio of built work that demonstrates a range of project scales & densities
- Excellent business development & project management skills, including scope, fee, profit & revenue management
- Proficient with technology design tools (REVIT, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Sketch-up, other 3-D programs)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail & quality
- Ability to stay current and up to date with industry trends, codes & standards
- Demonstrated participation in an industry related organization and community involvement