Associate, Design – San Francisco, CA
The firm is a pioneer in re-imagining the commercial office building into vibrant spaces filled with energy and life — so work doesn’t feel so much like work. They are taking this same strategy into their new forays into retail environments and residential spaces as these different parts of life become more and more intertwined. They understand how environments shape human creativity and productivity and approach each space with fresh eyes, breaking apart old molds of ‘your father’s office’. Instead, they create spaces that are well suited for each function and today’s workforce. They are looking for a creative, forward-thinking individual to join them in this endeavor.
The firm is a publicly traded REIT that has built a deep experience within the West Coast commercial real estate markets by serving a range of dynamic industries over an ever-evolving business landscape over 65 years. Their premium commercial properties total more than 14 million square feet, spanning the West Coast from Seattle to San Diego.
About the role:
- Architect/Interior Designer with Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a design discipline or related field with experience in both architecture and interiors.
- Minimum 5 years experience from an interior/architectural services firm.
- Strong design skills with a good eye and refined aesthetic sensibilities across all types of medium.
- Strong understanding and fluency in construction documents, constructability and working with
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively and professionally with all personality types.
- Ability to firmly guide design consultants and vendors to desired design, budget, and schedule goals in a way that encourages and ensures rapid progress but does not hamper their creativity.
- Proficient in SketchUp/AutoCAD/Bluebeam/InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop for production of design concepts and project specifications.
- Positive, can-do attitude with a solutions-oriented mindset.
General Duties & Responsibilities
This position will support the SVP, Design in the following:
- Work with the firm’s Asset Management/Construction & Development Management teams to provide design solutions for New Building Development, Existing Building Renovations, and Tenant Improvement projects with a range of budgets and schedules focusing on efficient, cost-effective, and aesthetically pleasing solutions.
- Develop, communicate, and implement the firm design standards with the continued goal of innovation in design
- Liaison with product vendors and consultants — keeping abreast of the best offerings on the market for interior and architectural products.