Project Manager, Corporate Interiors – Los Angeles, CA
The firm is an integrated architecture, interiors, engineering, and planning firm dedicated to providing clients with design services that enhance the vision and mission of their respective organizations, and inspire those that learn, work, and play in their built environments to excel. For more than 60 years, the firm has helped shape culture, business and society by consistently creating forward-thinking design for their clients and the communities they live in.
The firm has 8 offices nationwide (Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Jose, and Sacramento, CA; Minneapolis and Rochester, MN; Milwaukee, WI, Washington, D.C.;), and approximately 750 employees. The firm has developed expertise in the corporate/workplace, government, arts, community, education, healthcare, and science & technology industries.
About the role:
The firm is searching for a talented, curious professional that is passionate about design and enjoys working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. Specifically, they are seeking to hire a Project Manager to support their growing corporate interiors practice in the Los Angeles Office. To work there, though, you need to:
- Be creative – duh…what they’re really talking about are some “out of the box” thinkers.
- Communicate effectively – being able to sell yourself and your ideas is paramount.
- Be committed – doing what it takes to get the job done and doing it right the first time.
- Fun loving – you enjoy what you do, right? So, why not make it fun?
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design; Master’s degree preferred
- Architectural registration preferred
- LEED accreditation preferred
- 10+ years of experience on small- to large-scale projects in Corporate Interiors
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, 3D Max, SketchUp and other industry accepted software as well as expertise with project management software and Microsoft Office Suite products is needed.
The firm is both team-oriented and employee-friendly, and social activities are integrated into their office culture. They offer challenge, recognition and personal visibility with an opportunity to be part of some great projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with Principal in evaluation of project requirements and helps to negotiate an acceptable owner-architect agreement including the fee and time schedule.
- Demonstrates task-focused mastery of project scope, profitability, schedule and budget. Completes projects on schedule, within budget and with maximum client satisfaction.
- Negotiates critical issues with architects, engineers and officials of other organizations and firms.
- Utilizes past experience and technical knowledge and monitors quality of the construction documents keeping in mind schedules/budgets and provides coaching/communication as appropriate with team leaders and/or team members who are responsible for work flow/timelines, etc.
- Develops discipline cost and work-hour budgets for each project and monitors project costs, completion status against budget schedules/timelines.
- Oversees all correspondence and pertinent documents, making sure they are accurate, signs or obtains signatures and seeks legal counsel as appropriate
- Coordinates review and evaluation of contractor bids and works with Principal so that award recommendation can be submitted to owner
- Provides day-to-day leadership in the absence of and as delegated by the Principal and/or Practice Group Leader keeping lines of communication open with all office management leaders and assists with preparation of client billings prior to submittal for signature.
- Collaborates with Practice Group Leader as requested in the marketing of projects including development of proposals and possible participation in client interviews.