Senior Project Designer – Charlotte, NC & Philadelphia, PA
Established in 1920, the firm has long been admired as a “best of class” full-service architectural, engineering, and interior design firm for the senior living market. They are also recognized for their work in higher-education, civic and public markets. As a collaborative and innovative center of design excellence, the firm is dedicated to defining the next generation of Living, Learning and Healing Environments.
With over 110 full time employees based in Roanoke, Virginia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Louisville, Kentucky the practice has grown to become a leading, nationally recognized firm with a team of respected industry experts woven into its talent community.
The firm is committed to designing progressive facilities with supportive environments for the aging, which is evidenced by Long Term Care magazine singling out the firm as one of the country’s top two designers of such facilities. They are devoted to meaningful and thoughtful design. This is demonstrated through their ability to forge a strong connection to the context; creating environments with the power to bring people together, allowing life to flourish. It has been the motivating force that has driven them to success for nearly 90 years!
The firm is a progressive thinking and flat organization with an entrepreneurial spirit, where the Executive Team leads by example. They have a family oriented culture of empowerment and aims to provide an exceptional employment experience while delivering extraordinary service.
About the role:
The firm is focused on growth, market diversification, innovation and capturing top talent in the industry to lead it. To that end, the Philadelphia and Charlotte offices are currently seeking to hire forward thinking Project Designers to work on medium to large scale projects. Senior living, multi-family and/or hospitality experience is preferred; however, excellent client communications, strong presentation skills and the ability to lead a team of creative professionals are essential.
Critical Competencies – Skills:
- Ability to provide design solutions for interviews.
- Proposal preparation and interview participation.
- Ability to present ideas and designs during interviews.
- Ability to design overall campus master plans and possess an in-depth knowledge of site
- planning and design.
- Meet with clients to assist in determining design of the project.
- Ability to lead the design team through Schematic Design and into Design Development, in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Ability to plan work effort and design solutions to meet project budgets and deadlines, both inhouse and for the client.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Excellent client interface capabilities and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Revit 2015 or higher.
- Understanding and in-depth knowledge of SketchUp, V-RAY, Rhino or other 3D design software.
Critical Competencies – Team Leadership:
- A team player with a down to earth personality who places teams and firm success above his/her own ego.
- Creative and innovative with an openness to seeing new possibilities and identifying ways to produce ever-greater value for clients.
- Well organized with the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- An uncompromising commitment to follow through on promises and accountability for the work produced.
- Embodies a values-based approach to doing business; High integrity, open, honest and ethical in all interactions.
- 10-15+ years of professional experience working on senior living, multi-family and/or hospitality projects.
- Highly motivated, passionate and winning attitude
- Follow through in a consistent manner
- Strong desire to create memorable, attractive and livable communities.