Senior Project Manager- Healthcare Market Sector – Philadelphia, PA
At the firm, they take pride in designing elegant places that contribute to the intellectual enrichment, research discovery, and medical advancements that drive their economies. They have operated out of one office in Philadelphia since 1878 and owe their longevity to dedicated management, their adaptability for changing marketplaces, and their ability to provide their clients with buildings that perform well and add value to their mission and/or business.
They pursue design excellence through collaborative client interaction. They work with forward-thinking academic institutions such as the University of Pennsylvania and Swarthmore College; leading edge hospitals like New York-Presbyterian, NYU Langone, and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia; and Fortune 500 companies like Merck & Co., Inc. and Boeing. Their work is recognized with national design awards, and they present their design thought leadership in publications and alongside clients at industry events.
The firm’s integrated AE culture fosters the early and in-depth exploration of all building systems and their performance. Having outstanding structural and MEP engineering under one roof with architecture leads not only to good coordination but smart, cost-effective optimization of design as well.
Their success is achieved by co-locating all of the requisite expertise necessary to offer sole source responsibility for a coordinated design package, ensuring smooth delivery and high-quality service. This model of practice – combining multiple disciplines and expertise at a single location – is almost unique to the firm and they believe it offers both highest design quality and highest value.
About the role:
This is a position offering the successful candidate a significant opportunity to positively influence the firm and their career. The firm offers a strong platform that provides a deep portfolio of award winning projects and a passionate staff fully committed to uncompromising client service. He/she will work directly with the firm’s Principals, in all aspects of the project process. This is a high visibility role where this person will enjoy outstanding opportunities for innovation, challenging design, client interaction and direct collaboration with project team members from the architectural, interiors and engineering disciplines.
- Collaborates with Principal in evaluation of project requirements and helps to negotiate an acceptable owner-architect agreement including the fee and time schedule.
- Demonstrates task-focused mastery of project scope, profitability, schedule and budget. Completes projects on schedule, within budget and with maximum client satisfaction.
- Negotiates critical issues with top-level architects, engineers and officials of other organizations and firms.
- Understands healthcare terminology as it relates to services, departments and building types in the healthcare setting.
- Utilizes past experience and technical knowledge and monitors quality of the construction documents keeping in mind schedules/budgets and provides coaching/communication as appropriate with team leaders and/or team members who are responsible for work flow/timelines, etc.
- Develops discipline cost and work-hour budgets for each project and monitors project costs, completion status against budget schedules/timelines.
- Oversees all correspondence and pertinent documents, making sure they are accurate, signs or obtains signatures and seeks legal counsel as appropriate.
- Coordinates review and evaluation of contractor bids and works with Principal so that award recommendation can be submitted to owner.
- Provides day-to-day leadership in the absence of and as delegated by the Principal and/or Practice Group Leaders keeping lines of communication open with all office management leaders and assists with preparation of client billings prior to submittal for signature.
- Collaborates with Practice Group Leaders as requested in the marketing of projects including development of proposals and possible participation in client interviews.
- Contributes to the success of the project by utilizing past knowledge and experience and teaching or sharing knowledge with other project team members who may also be assigned to the same project.
- Candidates must have an architectural registration.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 5 years of project management experience with healthcare projects. Their portfolio should include projects that include inpatient, and ambulatory care with multiple program components.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated success in all phases of major new construction, renovation and interior fit-out projects.
- Candidates must have project architect, project management, client management and external marketing skill sets.
- The most qualified candidates will have exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills, combined with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as public speaking experience.