Do you conduct searches on a contingency basis?
No, we are a 100% retained executive search firm. We establish an exclusive consulting agreement with our clients. Gaines requires that you do not use a competing executive search firm for your engagement during the period of our involvement. Gaines feels that unnecessary duplication puts all parties in a potentially embarrassing situation that may result in the downgrading of the position to potential candidates. Also, our approach to executive recruitment involves the investment of considerable time in the following activities:
- Identification of, and contact with, individuals who might be prospects for the position, or possibly referral sources. These individuals are normally not looking for a job.
- Gathering of resumes on candidates, progress reporting to clients, and preparation of reports outlining our assessment of each recommended candidate.
- In-depth evaluation of potential candidates through in-person interviews, extensive reference checking, verification of credentials, etc.
What is your fee structure?
Our fees are based on the projected compensation of the position. Our fee structure is performance driven and is billed in 3 stages:
- The first 1/3 is billed upon acceptance of the Gaines search agreement.
- The second 1/3 is billed upon presentation of qualified candidate(s). (Qualified is defined as a candidate being interviewed by the hiring employer).
- The remainder of the fee is billed upon hire and acceptance of the successful candidate.
What information do you need from me to start a search?
STEP 1: Our first step always involves a personal, in-depth meeting with your key hiring decision makers. This can be done via a phone call or face-to-face meeting. Our executive search consultants prefer face-to-face meetings in the location where the hired candidate will work to gain an understanding of your corporate culture. These sessions enable us to become knowledgeable about the position, its responsibilities, the experience and personal requirements for the successful candidate, and to understand the way in which this position relates to your operation. Also, this helps us to assure that the candidates submitted, not only has the required skills and qualifications, but the ability to work effectively with peers, supervisors and subordinates. This detailed knowledge is needed so that we are effective in presenting the viability of this opportunity to the candidates.
STEP 2: Upon engagement, we will need to collect as much information as you have available. We will need a detailed job description, salary range, any collateral materials we can provide to the candidates, and any other relevant information that may not be listed in the job description. If you do not have a job description, we will collaborate with you to create a job description. The position description should include a description of your company, the nature of the opportunity, and candidate requirements. These specifications assist us in discussing the opportunity with interested candidates and sources in a knowledgeable and motivating manner.
What is your search process?
How long will the search process take?
Every search is unique. Your Consultant will collaboratively establish a timeline that meets with your corporate goals and objectives.
How does Gaines find candidates?
Does Gaines conduct references?
Are there any other costs?
What happens if a placement quits or is let go? Does Gaines offer a guarantee on placements?
What levels of search do you conduct?
We conduct mid- to senior-level executive positions within the building and design industry with a primary focus on architectural, interiors/interior design, engineering, real estate, and construction. See our list Sample Search Assignment Titles.