We’re Hiring an Administrative / Marketing Coordinator
We’re currently in search for an Administrative Marketing Coordinator
Here’s who we are looking for:
A unique person with skills to be an Administrative / Marketing Coordinator for the Chicago office. You’re the type of person who thrives on taking care of things the right way, the first time. A task comes in and you figure out how to get it done without having to ask a lot of questions – or knowing the right questions to ask! When you say “I’ll take care of it” we know it will be done well. You get excited when you know you’ve made someone else’s day easier. In addition, he/she must be comfortable wearing many hats within the company.
If you were working for us, here are some of the typical things you would have done last week:
- Scheduled and coordinate* client/candidate meetings on behalf of consultants and coordinate firm wide meetings *(When we say “coordinate” we mean that in every sense of the word. You may find yourself being the time slot negotiator. If all you’ve ever done is slot pre-approved dates into calendars, this might not be the best fit for you)
- Coordinated travel (mostly domestic, some international) for employees and candidates
- Some bookkeeping; entered payables and receivables into QuickBooks
- Assisted consultants in the preparation (writing, proofreading) of correspondence (type letters, mailing materials, emails, etc.) when needed
- Cleaned up our CRM Accounts to make sure we have current contact information; titles, phone numbers, email addresses, etc.
- Send client company information to candidates (via courier or website)
- Answered a handful of calls and routed them to the right people
- Managed the office space: contact building management when needed, upkeep of the kitchen area, make sure conference room area is in order for meetings, checked out supply drawers and picked up or ordered some supplies we were running low on
- Welcomed various people to the office
- Answered a dozen general questions about candidate or client communication like “Did we hear back from John about his interview confirmation?” or “Has Joe accepted the meeting request yet?”
- Took notes during various discussions and transcribed some of them
*This is an area we are very open minded to right now! We anticipate additional duties in this area as we continue to grow in 2015!
Assist Business / Marketing Manager with:
- Website maintenance
- Updating/creating Gaines collateral materials (e-brochure, firm bios, etc.)
- Writing some industry-related blog posts
- Coordination of special events: conventions, quarterly staff meetings, and holiday parties.
Here are some other things you might do:
- Receive UPS/FedEx and US Mail deliveries; Pack up and ship out a few small packages
- Handle basic issues with outside vendors
- If you are a coffee connoisseur (or can at least make a mean cup of joe) our team would welcome your coffee making skills with open arms
- Work with 3rd party IT vendor to maintain and update technology (server and workstations); VOIP phone services; Involvement when technology issues arise
- Stay on top of things that were promised to us, but haven’t been delivered to us yet
- Fill in on some basic customer service/support if the team is short
Experience is important. We’re looking for someone who’s managed a small office (10+) people or has worked full time as an executive assistant for someone who had a very full schedule. Must have extensive experience with scheduling in Outlook and moderate experience with QuickBooks. It would be an extra bonus if you have working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and/or WordPress. You should consider yourself a pro – this is not a job for first timers or someone looking to work their way into another job at Gaines.
If this job sounds like something you’d love to do every day, we definitely want to hear from you. Click here to send us your information and apply!