Quotes from Women I Admire – Part One
We hope your week has gotten off to a lovely start! And if you’ve already been down in the weeds of life, even more reason to take a few minutes, collect your thoughts and center yourself on the important things. With this in mind, we present a new short series of inspirational quotes that have motivated and energized Donna Gaines over the years.
1. I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it is the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person. – Audrey Hepburn. I have always said that if you make me laugh I will marry you, so I love this quote from Audrey Hepburn. Laughter is medicine for the soul.
2. Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man and work like a dog. – Caroline K. Simon. This quote is one that I use frequently as it tells my story completely.
3. A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. – Any Rand. This says so much about competition and the world in which we play. It should be about doing the right thing, not winning a contest.
4. You might have to fight a battle more than once to win the war. – Margaret Thatcher. This is the same as saying you can win the battle and loose the war which I use a lot. In our world we face situations where we have to take a step back and understand the big picture and not winning a popularity contest. So staying grounded and understanding your purpose is paramount.
5. Normal is not something to aspire to, it’s something to get away from. – Jodi Foster. I love this quote as I have never been considered normal, nor do I want to be. Normal is boring.