Thursday Link Round Up: January 22, 2015
This week’s Link Round Up is packed with industry news! From tantalizing technology and amethyst-inspired architecture to construction come backs, we’ve got it all covered. Here are the links we’ve read about our industry this week:
- Architects, get ready for the holographic design process: Microsoft just unveiled its HoloLens headset, according to Archinect.
- Chinese company 3D prints six-story multifamily building, featured on Building Design & Construction.
- Mystery buyer pays highest ever price for NYC residence, according to Building Design & Construction.
- NL Architects proposes “slightly insane” hotel modelled on amethyst crystals, featured in Dezeen Magazine.
- Ain’t No Castle Like a U.S. Castle ‘Cause a U.S. Castle is Cheap, on curbed.com.
- A reconstructed Taliesin West is the largest Frank Lloyd Wright LEGO Model, according to Building Design & Construction.
- Eighty percent of construction firms plan to expand headcount in 2015 as contractors foresee growing demand in most market sectors, according to AGC of America.
- Construction materials prices fall in November, on Building Design & Construction.